CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

winter break is treating me well

Hi all. It has now been a ridiculously long time since my last post and for that, I apologize. I guess my excuse is that I have been caught up in all the fun that winter break has brought me. Without getting into too much detail, I will tell you this: I am blessed to have a fantastic group of family and friends to enjoy my break from school with. I can't say enough about how much fun I have had for the last couple weeks and trust me I will be savoring these last 9 days or so. Here are some brief highlights as to what has been going on in my life:


1. A successful, but definitely stressful week of final exams.

2. Christmas festivities. It was truly a memorable celebration of Jesus' birth. Great presents, great food, great laughs. I want to thank everyone who made my Christmas special.

3. New Years Eve. Jenni and I had a blast playing Rock Band with Sydney and Jackson. Let me tell you Jenni and Sydney were a dynamite vocal duo!

4. Outback Bowl. I was overjoyed to see Iowa dominate South Carolina in the Outback Bowl. It was great to watch the game with friends at Jenni's house. What a game it was, and with the analysis of Steve and I, we have decided that Iowa Football will be even BETTER next year. Go Hawkeyes! Best of Luck to Shonn Greene in the NFL. Oh and I hope Paul Rhoades leads ISU to greatness!

5. Staying busy. A few other highlights include hanging out with Missy, J, and the kids (SO glad I get to see them whenever I want), seeing Marley and Me with Jenni, Brian and Danielle, celebrating Missy and my Mom's birthdays, and having a lot of fun with Jenni doing all kinds of things.


I hope to stay productive for the next week or so. I am hoping that my Dad, and possibly Brian and I can build some new bookshelves for the apartment. I am also hoping to go ice skating in Des Moines. Lastly, I have begun raising money for Dance Marathon and I hope to get most of that done within the next week.

I am beyond thankful for the litte things of winter break such as waking up to my dog, playing with my nieces and nephew, not stressing about school, and staying healthy and happy.

"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called."
1 Timothy 6:12









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!! hehehe Glad to have you back for a nice long break! We always enjoy you and Jenni being around. Savor your last few days :(
love, Julie

Sydney Ross said...

Yah REALLY! it took u long enough! and we were pretty good at singing werent we! haha hehe jkjk!

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you how much I LOVE having you around! And, it's more than driveway patrol and Gus duty! :) Really, tho, you're just fun, helpful, always willing to do lunch out (!), and not even too messy! Enjoy your last week. 143mom